Employment Opportunities at Wings Airways
Who we are:
Wings Airways is an employee owned floatplane company offering glacier flightseeing excursions from the historical Juneau downtown waterfront.
Guests from around the world daily make the choice to trust Wings to introduce them to all that is the amazing Juneau Icefield and historical Taku Glacier Lodge. We are a small company where every employee is an extremely valuable part of the “team”. We only hire a small staff each season and we require 110% of those hired.
This is the perfect position for people who function well in a fast paced, high-energy organization. We look for a positive can-do attitude, outgoing personality, genuine energy, and the desire to show guests the best that Southeast Alaska has to offer.
The Visitor Season: Early May through the end of September we provide tours. Most visitors will only have a few hours to a day to experience Juneau. We work long hours, and operate seven days a week.
The Tours: We have offered the following two tours since our beginnings…and chose not to expand so that we can continue to do what we do best!
- The Taku Lodge Feast & 5-Glacier Seaplane Discovery
- The 5-Glacier Seaplane Exploration
(Insert Pilot/planes pics)
Seasonal pilot positions:
- Season is Late April through September.
- We operate five Honeywell-Garrett equipped DHC3 Otter with completely upgraded instruments to include Chelton Glass Cockpit.
- DHC-3 turboprop float experience always preferred.
- Consideration will be made with a combination of 1000 hours float time, turbine engine and/or DHC-2, Cessna Caravan (any engine) time.
- Competitive wages and a low pressure flying attitude. Applicants must have excellent customer service skills and be a team player.
- Wings Airways is willing to train the right candidate- tell us why you are that pilot!
Email resume to: PilotJobs@wingsairways.com.
What sets us apart?
- Excellent Maintenance Program. Our Director Of Maintenance has been recognized on a statewide level by receiving the coveted Tony Cestnik Maintenance Award. Honoring a longstanding performance of aviation maintenance which sets a standard of excellence.
- With a smaller fleet of five DeHavilland Otter aircraft the planes receive endless care. Our Alaskan Bush Planes have carpet!
- Our cargo is in the form of passengers walking on and off the aircraft.
- Pushing the weather is never the culture. We offer “flightseeing”, requiring weather that allows our guests to see the best of our region.
- Access to the best tours and experiences in Juneau! On your off days we want you to fall in love with Juneau.
- We are employee owned, hands on, and work as hard as our staff does. We have absolute pride in what we do and who we are as a team.
- Safety is our number one concern.
(Insert the pics of the young girls and fun staff pics)
Other Seasonal Job Opportunities:
Operational staff/Dispatchers: These are the staff at the front counter assigning flights, analyzing weather, communing with pilots, and tour sales. The heart of our downtown floatplane base!
Dock Representative: Most of our guests are met on the cruise ship docks lining the waterfront thus the term “Dock Rep”. Many times this will be the first contact with our company for the guest. We want them to immediately know they made the right decision in choosing us to show them the best of Alaska! A welcoming, professional, organized and alert staff member is we want them to meet to insure that experience. Doc Reps must be at least 16yrs or older.
Waterfront Ramp Service Personnel “Rampies” (aircraft ground crew): Assisting pilots in the docking and departing of floatplanes. Safety, communication, and responsibility are a priority. Must be at least 18yrs or older. Applicant must be fit, able to lift 70lbs regularly, and able to work in a fast paced work place. Ability to operate a small skiff is preferred.
**Pay scale for all positions is based on experience and length of availability during the season (May though the end of September).
Email: Info@WingsAirways.com for information on all positions.
Taku Glacier Lodge
We are looking for staff to live full time at our remote Taku Lodge. If you are hardworking, energetic and adventurous you should consider a summer with us in the wilderness. The search is on to add a few people to our close knit staff of 9 to 11 employees. Late April to the end of September.
If interested in more details email email@example.com.